Friday, March 28, 2008

bookstore confessional




Just the other day at St. Mark's bookstore a woman from another time whispered secrets to the novels belonging to a century she had never lived in. She chose the L-M stack because, she figured, it corresponded to the topics foremost in her thoughts. "Is there a connection between love & egg labels?" she asked, for both evoked in her an image of seemingly fragile but pure & mysterious smoothness. "& what of Madagascar--has there been correspondence from the endemic species? I have not checked my post box in so long."

3 Comments:

Blogger Book Nerd said...

I love this. This person really does look as though they're communing with the books in some mystic way. And you can see St. Mark's great 'zine display -- I've always been impressed by that.

Another great bookstore post, M!

March 28, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger kookaburra said...

Thanks...& I love that 'zine display, too. Didn't really have any idea what the woman was doing, so I made up a story.

March 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this imaginative foray and would like more!

March 30, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home